Thanks to his superb performance against Brest, the Mongasque Wissam Ben Yedder is the player of the day. The Parisians Kylian Mbapp and Lionel Messi, then the Rennais Martin Terrier in particular, also distinguished themselves this Saturday and appear in the 37th edition of the typical Maxifoot team.
Wissam Ben Yedder clicked a hat-trick.
As in past seasons, after each day of the championship, Maxifoot composes its standard team. The best “our” and seven replacements are chosen based on their performance. Holders get three points, substitutes get one point.
12. Predrag Rajkovic (Reims)
13. Reheated Omari (Rennes)
14. Fali Cand (FC Metz)
15. Adrian Thomasson (Strasbourg)
16. Angel Di Maria (Paris Saint-Germain)
17. Kevin Volland (AS Monaco)
18. Jonathan David (Lille)
Player of the day: Wissam Ben Yedder (AS Monaco)
Like his team, the Mongasque striker started very timidly with some technical inaccuracies, and a missed opportunity at the pivot. But the French international quickly regained his bond with Volland and above all his formidable efficiency! He offered himself a superb hat-trick to place his team in 2nd place in Ligue 1, and could even have afforded a quadruple.
Lo Jardim (Lille)
If the Mastiffs completed the first act with a small goal delay, it is thanks to him. Hardly to blame for Kluivert’s opener, the Lille goalkeeper disgusted the Niois attackers afterwards with five saves, including a magnificent one on a shot from the Dutchman pushing back on the crossbar.
Jonathan Clauss (goal)
Omnipresent in his lane, the right piston of RC Lens hurt Troyes very badly. Dangerous on his climbs but also on set pieces, the French international worried Gallon for the first time before taking the corner for Danso’s goal and being a decisive passer on the achievement of Kalimuendo. After the break, he was rewarded for his efforts with a goal from a long free kick.
Marquinhos (Paris Saint Germain)
Next to Ramos, the Parisian captain seems much more comfortable. Solid, the Paris Saint-Germain central defender was very diligent, leaving no crumbs to his opponents. A fine evening for the Brazilian international, who is climbing the slope after a very complicated start to the spring.
Benoit Badiashile (AS Monaco)
Always so serene, the French international Espoirs made the right interventions without giving the impression of forcing on the offensives of Brest. The central defender of AS Monaco also shone in the recovery, in particular with a superb opening for Aguilar. A particularly serious performance.
Adrien Truffert (Rennes)
Rennes’ left-back was really interesting. Author of a good recovery at the start of the action of the second goal, he was decisive for his team. The young talent made several sharp climbs which resulted in dangerous crosses in the Marseille area. A clean and solid copy.
Lionel Messi (Paris Saint Germain)
The Argentinian has probably delivered his best score since his arrival. In a very free playmaking role, La Pulga made the Montpellier defense suffer by always placing themselves between the lines or on the edge of offside, like on their two goals full of composure. At the creation, the sevenfold Ballon d’Or distributed caviar after caviar with disconcerting ease. Very good Messi who recalls that of FC Barcelona.
Benjamin Bourigeaud (Rennes)
It’s no longer a surprise to say that the Rennes attacking midfielder has responded. As so often this season, the former Lensois was once again decisive for his team by opening the scoring with a nice cross shot (12th). He is close to a double on a strike against by Caleta-Car and put in a generous performance.
Lucas Paqueta (Olympique Lyonnais)
Probably one of his best games with Olympique Lyonnais in this second half of the season. In the right tempo, the Brazilian international made great efforts in midfield to weigh the recovery. And despite this generosity, the former Milanese has maintained a great efficiency in his transmissions with several opportunities offered to his partners. In the second half, he participated in the victory of his team with a nice goal.
Martin Terrier (Rennes)
The Rennes striker was there. His calls on the left side hurt the Marseille defense very badly: he escaped there twice in the first period to score Bourigeaud and Majer. Besides his two assists, he was fair in everything he did on the pitch. A big game!
Kylian Mbapp (Paris Saint Germain)
A crazy match for the French striker. Absolutely untenable, he literally crippled the Montpellier defence. The proof, he is involved in the four goals with two decisive passes, in particular the second from the outside of the foot, of rare beauty, also leading to the achievement of Di Maria. He himself obtains a penalty which he transforms without trembling. An extraordinary performance for the Parisian.
Ranking: Mbapp remains leader
1. Mbappe (Paris-SG): 36 points
2. Clauss (Lens): 32 points
3. Guendouzi (Marseille) – Marquinhos (Paris-SG): 25 points
5. Terrier (Rennes): 24 points
6. Savanier (Montpellier): 23 points
7. Bourigeaud (Rennes): 22 points
8. Laborde (Montpellier 1 pts, then Rennes): 20 points
9. Messi (Paris-SG): 19 points
10. Fofana (Lens): 17 points
11. Lopes (Lyon) – Caio Henrique (Monaco) – Lafont (Nantes) – Gouiri (Nice) – Hakimi (Paris-SG): 16 points
16. Ben Yedder, Tchouamni (Monaco) – Bentez (Nice) 15 points
19. Pallois (Nantes): 14 points
20. Frankowski (Lens) – Todibo (Nice) – Traor, Majer (Rennes) – Ajorque (Strasbourg): 13 points
25. Boufal (Angers) – Bizot (Brest) – Saliba, Gerson, Payet (Marseille): 12 points
30. Botman (Lille) – Lucas Paquet (Lyon) – Delort (Montpellier 3 pts, then Nice) – Girotto (Nantes) – Dante (Nice) – Neymar, Gueye (Paris-SG): 11 points
37. Danso (Lens) – David, Lo Jardim (Lille) – Dembele (Lyon) – Disasi (Monaco) – Blas (Nantes) – Abdelhamid (Reims) – Sulemana (Rennes) – Djiku, Thomasson, Sels (Strasbourg): points
48. Honorat (Brest) – Faivre (Brest 6 pts, then Lyon) – Doucoure (Lens) – Bruno Guimares, Lukeba, Caqueret (Lyon) – Luan Peres (Marseille) – Thuram-Ulien, Atal (Nice) – Rajkovic, Konan (Reims) – Martin, Aguerd, Santamaria (Rennes): 9 points
62. Volland (Monaco) – Sakho (Montpellier) – Simon, Kolo Muani (Nantes) – Herrera (Paris-SG) – Faes (Reims) – Nyamsi (Strasbourg): 8 points
69. Le Douaron (Brest) – Kalimuendo (Lens) – Gusto, Toko Ekambi (Lyon) – Dieng, Rongier (Marseille) – Fofana, B. Badiashile, Vanderson, Diop (Monaco) – Kluivert, Dolberg (Nice) – Tait, Omari (Rennes) – Guilbert, Diallo (Strasbourg) – N’Guessan (Troyes): 7 points
86. Cabot (Angers) – Bernardoni (Angers 5 pts, then St-Etienne) – Pierre-Gabriel (Brest) – Djoco, Seidu (Clermont-F.) – Gradit (Lens) – Gudmundsson (Lille) – nder (Marseille) – Kouyate, Centonze (Metz) – Ferri, Omlin (Montpellier) – Chirivella (Nantes) – Ramos, Verratti, Nuno Mendes (Paris-SG) – Truffert, Guirassy (Rennes) – Gameiro (Strasbourg) – Larouci (Troyes): 6
106. Oudin (Bordeaux) – Brassier (Brest) – Leca (Lens) – A. Onana (Lille) – Aouar (Lyon) – Harit, Milik (Marseille) – Traore (Metz) – Green (St-Etienne): 5 points
115. Cho, Mandrea, Traor (Angers) – A. Elis, Pembele, Hwang, S. Gregersen (Bordeaux) – Bayo, Gastien, Rashani (Clermont-F.) – Sotoca, Sad (Lens) – Tiago Djal, Renato Sanches Lille – Moffi (Lorient) – Emerson (Lyon) – Caleta-Car (Marseille) – Souquet, Mavididi (Montpellier) – Di Mara (Paris-SG) – Ekitike (Reims) – Gomis (Rennes) – Nordin, Boudebouz, Bouanga, Khazri, Sow (St. Stephens) – Linard, Sissoko (Strasbourg) – Biancone (Troyes): 4 points
145. Fulgini, Petkovic, Pereira Lage (Angers) – Ricardo Mangas, Guilavogui, Costil, Mexer, Poussin, Briand (Bordeaux) – M. Satriano, Duverne, Chardonnet, Belali (Brest) – Berthomier, N’Simba (Clermont-F .) – Fonte (Lille) – Le Goff, Lauriente, Mendes (Lorient) – NDombl, Boateng (Lyon) – De La Fuente (Marseille) – Sarr, Boulaya (Metz) – Ristic, Germain, Esteve (Montpellier) – Castelletto, Merlin (Nantes) – Bard, Rosario (Nice) – Danilo Pereira, Kehrer, Donnarumma, Paredes, Kimpembe, Navas, Diallo (Paris-SG) – Munetsi, Toure, Moreto Cassam (Reims) – Camara, Trauco (St-Etienne) – Chavalerin, Rami, Dingome, Tardieu (Troyes): 3 points
192. J. Onana (Bordeaux) – Elik, Andr (Lille) – Pau Lpez (Marseille) – Golovin (Monaco) – Meling (Rennes) – Perrin (Strasbourg) – Gallon (Troyes): 2 points
200. Thomas, Capelle, Mendy, Mangani (Angers) – Dilrosun, Adli (Bordeaux) – Belkebla, Mouni, Hrelle, Cardona (Brest) – Dossou, Zedadka (Clermont-F.) – David Costa, Hadara (Lens) – Zhegrova , Yilmaz, Weah, Grbic (Lille) – Kon, Le Fe, Ptrot, Dreyer, Innocent, Monconduit (Lorient) – Denayer, Shaqiri (Lyon) – Mandanda, Pol Lirola (Marseille) – Fali Cand, de Prville, Oukidja (Metz ) – Nbel, Gelson Martins (Monaco) – Wahi, Mollet (Montpellier) – Lotomba, Boudaoui, Lemina (Nice) – Zeneli (Reims) – Assignon (Rennes) – Kolodziejczak (St-Etienne) – Prcic (Strasbourg) – Kabore ( Troyes): 1 point
Ranking by club: a PSG-Rennes battle
1. Paris-SG – 169 points
2. Rennes – 161 points
3. Marseille – 111 points
4. Lens – 109 points
5.Nice – 104 points
6. Lyon – 98 points
7. Monaco – 96 points
8. Strasbourg – 82 points
9. Nantes – 79 points
10. Montpellier – 66 points
11. Brest, Lille – 61 points
13. Reims – 50 points
14. Angers – 48 points
15. Bordeaux – 43 points
16. St-Etienne – 33 points
17. Troyes, Clermont-F. – 32 points
19. Metz – 26 points
20. Lorient – 19 points
It was the typical team for the 37th day of Ligue 1. See you next Saturday to discover the typical team for the 38th day!